- Signal Mountain Lodge, L.L.C. - 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried / Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Seasonal
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Company DescriptionLocated in the Grand Teton National Park along the shores of Jackson Lake, Signal Mountain Lodge is a special place to spend a summer. We offer positions in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Marina, and Retail industries as well as Campground and operational support positions. 50% of our staff return for a second season not only for the unique experiences, but also because the dedication Signal Mountain Lodge has to employees is second to none!
Housekeepers are responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction and the timely, thorough and consistent turn-over and cleanliness of assigned guest rooms. Some Housekeepers are also assigned Porter shifts.
- Stocks and organizes supply cart.
- Removes soiled/dirty linens from all beds.
- Inspects linens prior to placing in rooms and returns any torn or dirty linens to supply room.
- Distributes clean linens to stayovers, as requested.
- Cleans/scrubs shower, tub, toilet, sink, counters, mirrors and glasses.
- Vacuums carpets; Mops all tile floors; Dusts all furniture, and polishes as needed.
- Cleans microwaves, refrigerators and sinks.
- Checks bathroom inventory items and restocks any missing items as necessary.
- Folds clean linens as necessary; Places linen package in each room.
- Assists customers with specific requests.
- Cleans and organizes supply room.
- Complies with security procedures.
- Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Restocks cleaning supplies as needed.
- Reports repair and maintenance items.
- Clean all public restrooms including showers, toilets, sinks, counters and mirrors
- Stock porter closets with supplies
- Vacuum lobbies and hallways
- Clean the park visitor laundry
- Clean guest TV lounge room
- Dust furniture, polish as necessary
- Clean windows and doors
- Empty bear-proof garbage/recycle containers
- Water plants
- Sweep porches, overhangs, entryways
- Pick up trash, cigarette butts throughout the property
- Drive a company vehicle and deliver supplies to housekeeping groups
- Help with laundry to include washing, drying and folding linens
- Help move luggage on room moves
- Spot clean staff dining room at closing
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English preferred.
- Ability to follow cleaning and other instructions, complete checklists and communicate with guests.
- Knowledge of proper use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and cleaning procedures and techniques.
- Self-motivated and good time management skills to complete tasks on time with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail and cleaning standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Manual dexterity to grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment and hand-held radio.
- Must be able to push, pull, and control housekeeping cart and/or similar items on inclines and declines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: Adverse conditions may include extreme heat and/or cold, wind, humidity and sometimes inclement weather.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous domestic or commercial housekeeping or related work experience preferred.
- Prior work experience with, and knowledge of, cleaning chemicals and supplies preferred.
Additional InformationSignal Mountain Lodge, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.