- Signal Mountain Lodge, L.L.C. - 1 Inner Park Road, Grand Teton National Park, Moran, WY
- Salaried / Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Seasonal
- Employment Category: Seasonal
Company DescriptionLocated in the Grand Teton National Park along the shores of Jackson Lake, Signal Mountain Lodge is a special place to spend a summer. We offer positions in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Marina, and Retail industries as well as Campground and operational support positions. 50% of our staff return for a second season not only for the unique experiences, but also because the dedication Signal Mountain Lodge has to employees is second to none!
The Host/Cashier is responsible for maintaining the overall guest flow of the restaurant and providing excellent customer service.
- Prompt, courteous and proper seating of guests in the restaurant facilities; Follows company policy regarding the seating of guests.
- Ensures cleanliness of table before seating guests.
- Maintains a seating waiting list as necessary.
- Moves tables and chairs as necessary to accommodate different sized groups.
- Completes guest transactions using a cash register and credit card machine; Counts money accurately and efficiently, makes change, and completes opening and closing reports.
- Maintains a neat, organized front-of-house environment.
- Responds to guest complaints in a professional manner.
- Communicates with the Back-of-House management regarding large incoming groups, changes in schedules and any other information that affects kitchen operations.
- Assists with opening and closing tasks and side work as needed.
- Completes required front-of-the-house sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for daily cleaning projects in addition to any other cleaning projects assigned; Ensures the area in and around host stand is clean and litter free.
- Answers phones and addresses reservation requests.
- Knowledgeable of food and beverage menus.
- Cover shifts in other departments as needed.
- Assist with various restaurant tasks such as carrying trays, clearing and setting tables, etc., as needed.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Read, write, speak and understand English effectively.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Strong math and cash handling skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a cash register and a credit card machine.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must have proper food handling or equivalent certification or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to remain balanced; Stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, finger, grasp, and reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle cash, coins, paper, phones, etc.
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to properly handle and carry a large, heavy tray of food items and/or dishes and glassware.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent, or previous related work experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- Restaurant/café and POS software experience a plus.
Additional InformationSignal Mountain Lodge, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.